Sunday, May 9, 2010

Confused

The truth is that, after finishing reading the story, I was confused. I didn't know if this was because I didn't read closely enough or because the author isn't clear enough as to what the purpose of the story is. I feel the author goes out of his way to mention certain things such as the weather as he does for example on pages 54 and 55, or he talks repedetley about the guests not even allowing themselves to think about saying something regarding the food being served at the feast. This repeated mentions of the weather and the guests thoughts seem often unnecessary, and in my opinion, make the story more complicated than it needs to be. But that's simply my opinion because I could not grasp the message the author intends to carry across with this story. I feel that the author is attempting a master piece with too many pieces, which makes this story so hard to follow. I mean any story has many characters, but I can easily find out what each character contributes to a certain piece of literature, which I can't do in this case. I find it hard to understand the purpose of each character and each point the author brings up in this story. It's hard to see how all the pieces in this work connect to make a point. After reading the story, I still can't answer, what's the point of story?

Maybe after a discussion, I will be able to have more insight about this story; hence, I will produce a better blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment