Sunday, September 26, 2010

Khadija's Good Nature

Khadija’s latent good nature came to the surface like a green plant emerging from a seed hidden beneath the mud once sweet water has been provided. She did not suspect the motives of this interest in her the way she had previously. She knew this was genuine and directed at her unquestionable skill.  It constituted a general admission of her importance and significance. Although happiness was not hers to enjoy, it would not be fully realized until she contributed to it. She set about this new project with a heart totally cleansed of her hostile emotions.  (p. 239)

This selection stood out to me because I sometimes do this. I relate to how Khadija is willing to help even though she is mad and upset with this event. I sometimes tell myself I won’t help with some things but I end up doing it because it is something I love: helping people. We see the logic, Khadija uses because she knows that she is the only that can actually help her sister and without her support her sister would be devastated. In this selection we read a lot of things that can’t be seen. We see skills, emotions, and ideas. The author start this with a simile which helps the reader see how much her willingness to help was hidden and how much it had to go through in order to come out. But in the end it appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment