Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Compared to a Dark child

The essay I have chosen to pursue once again is the comparison essay. I have abandoned my old idea and have decided to write about being a dark child. I shall compare the reality and actuality of being a dark child to the perceptions and fabrications of what a dark child really is. It uses comparison because first it will define what the term dark child actually means. Then it will be taking my personal experiences as a dark child and breaking them down into why I might have had these personal experiences in the first place. Secondly it will taking what people think a dark child is and not only stating it but advancing forward to where it shows why these non-dark children would think like this in the first place. It will mostly in the beginning be defining what a dark child is because there is more to a dark child than the color of his skin and not many people know that which is an assumption of the non-dark child. I intend to possibly use some lines from a poem called "Knock Knock" by Daniel Beaty. The poem should be displayed below.His words somewhat convey the essence of a dark child.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea i think it is defenitly something worth to talk about. Maybe you could also write how people assume things about "black children"and since its a comparison essay you can write how people used to react to the "n" word back then and because society has changed now using the "n" word isn't taken so bad. Even though that to me is a bad thing because that just means that our society has gotten used to the corruption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what essay did you analyze to consider how it uses the format you will need to use in your essay? You didn't end up writing about this? Why?

    ReplyDelete